Employees under 18 years of age (special legal arrangements for their employment relationship, safety and health conditions at work of this category).
SPECIAL PROTECTION FOR MINORS MINIMUM AGE
- 1) It is forbidden to hire minors under the age of 16. Except the cases when minors aged 14 to 16 years are employed during school holidays only in light work, which does not harm their health and develpment.
- Minors from age 14 years to 16 years may be subject to counseling and vocational training, according to rules set by the decision of the Council of Ministers.
- Minors aged 16 to 18years can be employed in light works, which does not harm their health and development.
- The Council of Ministers determines the light work and sets special rules for the maximum duration and conditions of performance of the work.
DANGEROUS OR HAZARDOUS WORKS
Only adults over 18 years may be employed in difficult works or who pose a risk to their health or personality. The hazardous or dangerous jobs and the special rules for the duration and conditions of their performance are determined by a decision of the Council of Ministers.
It is prohibited to work on night shifts,for emloyees under the age of 18 and those declared disabled on the basis of a medical report under the Social Insurance Law.
- Minors under the age of 18 should only be employed when they are recognized as being able to work after full medical examination.
- The Council of Ministers for certain jobs decides to undergo medical examinations on adults up to 21 years.
- The Council of Ministers establishes special rules for medical control procedures.
- The employer is obliged to pay the expenses for the medical visits of the employee.
SPECIAL PROTECTION FOR WOMEN PROHIBITION OF WORK FOR PREGNANT WOMEN AND YOUNG MOTHERS
- Work is forbidden for pregnant women 35 days before delivery and 42 days after birth. When a pregnant woman is burdened with more than one child, the first period is 60 days.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women can not be employed in heavy or hazardous jobs, that harm the health of mother and child. The Council of Ministers determines hazardous or dangerous jobs that harm the health of the mother and the child, as well as special rules on working conditions for pregnant women and those with breastfeeding.
- 1) Incomes benefited in the case of maternity leave are determined by the law on social security.
- After the 42-day postpartum period, the woman decides whether she wants to work or benefit from social insurance.
Protection of women’s employment
- Pre-employment pregnancy tests are prohibited when required by the employer, unless the workplace requires work under conditions that may adversely affect pregnancy or which may harm the life or health of the mother or child.
- In cases of termination of the employment contract by the employer, when the woman is at work during the period of pregnancy or has returned to work after childbirth, according to article 30 of this Code, it is the employer’s duty to prove that the cause of the dismissal has not been the pregnancy or childbirth.
- In case of adopting a newborn baby, the woman has the right to leave defined by the law on social insurance.
- During this period the employer can not force the woman who adopted the child to work..
TERMINATION OF THE CONTRACT
- The termination of a contract of employment notified by the employer is invalid in the period during which the woman claims to receive income from social security in the case of maternity or adoption.
- When the termination of the employment contract is announced before the start of the protection period provided for in Article 104 and the notice deadline has not been completed, this deadline will be suspended during the period of protection. The notification deadline shall restart only after the protection period.
- Night work for pregnant women is prohibited.
- Employees with disabilities (special legal regulations of their employment In terms of employment relationship, safety and health conditions at work for this category).
- Foreign workers (special legal regulations of their employment in terms of employment relationship, safety and health conditions at work for this category).
Part-time employees (special legal arrangements for their employment in terms of employment relationships, safety and health conditions at work of this category).
- With a part-time employment contract, the employee agrees to work by the hours, half a day of work or working days, for a normal weekly or monthly duration smaller than that of full-time employees under the same conditions.
- The part-time employee enjoys the same rights, proportionally as a full-time employee.
Employee trainees (apprenticeship) (special legal regulations of their employment In terms of employment, safety and health conditions at work this category).
Contract of vocational training
- With the vocational training contract, the teacher master is obliged to qualify the student according to the rules of the profession and the student works in the service of the teacher master to qualify.
- Provisions of this Code shall also apply to a vocational training contract.
- The home-based employee enjoys the same rights as the employee working in the enterprise. When the employee does not work at his home, he may require additional expenses for the use of space.